Website Wesley Biblical Seminary
Developing trusted leaders for faithful churches
Wesley Biblical Seminary is accepting applications beginning Sept 1, 2023 for a faculty member in Systematic Theology (OpenRank). Review of applications will begin in earnest October 15, 2023.
Successful appointees will be expected to teach 21 academic hours per year, potentially across all academic programs. In addition, successful appointees will be expected to serve on committees as assigned and facilitate educational programs through WBS’s poly-synchronous platform.
- A Ph.D. in systematic theology and competence in a secondary
area such as historical theology or philosophical theology is
- A clearly defined research agenda over the next 5 years
- Subscription to the institution’s Statement of Faith and Ethos
- A commitment to the tenets of the Wesleyan Holiness tradition,
including an emphasis upon sanctification
- An ability to teach at the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels
- An ability to teach in a Poly-synchronous environment
- Ministry experience, with a preference for activity in church
- A history of pedagogical excellence
- An active research agenda with a history of quality publications
- A history of teaching in Poly-synchronous environments
PROCESS OF APPLICATION
- Submit the following documents, available at
WBS.EDU/EMPLOYMENT, to Dr. Andy Miller III, Vice President of Academic Affairs, [email protected]
- Cover Letter that articulates the candidate’s ability to fulfill the
- Completed Application Form
- Signed WBS Statement of Faith and Ethos Acknowledgment Form
- Curriculum Vita including Education and Employment History
WBS GENERAL INFORMATION
Wesley Biblical Seminary (www.wbs.edu) exists to educate and train men and women who, in fulfillment of the Church’s mission, will live and proclaim Trinitarian faith, promote the Spirit-filled life, and in full commitment to the absolute authority of the Bible, actively make disciples of Jesus Christ. Located in Ridgeland, MS, the seminary is a non-denominational institution rooted in the Wesleyan Holiness tradition and has been equipping students with the knowledge and skills to communicate the gospel to a world that needs a Savior for almost 50 years.
Students graduate with hearts passionate about God’s will, minds trained to understand God’s word, and lives ready to serve in God’s mission. Wesley Biblical Seminary is a rare institution that affirms both the
inerrancy of Scripture and the necessity of holy living for every Christian. In an increasingly pluralistic world, we contend that the Church needs leaders who are committed to the truth of Scripture and who can set an example with their lives. The institution is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools, the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation, NC-SARA, and the Association of Biblical Higher Education.
The seminary also has approval from the Department of Defense and the State Approving Agency for qualifying military personnel (active duty and reserve) and veterans to receive educational funds from the Department of Defense and Veterans Administration. The Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States Department of Justice (SEVIS/SEVP) recognizes Wesley Biblical Seminary as an educational center for international students.
The seminary is a member of the National Association of Evangelicals.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org